DevOps Engineer (Senior)
Are you passionate about Big Data and Cloud Services? Are you looking for innovative and tech-addicted data lovers like yourself? Do you want to create real value? - Good News – the Ultra Tendency family is growing, and we are looking for powerful new members keen on solving the most complex problems of global corporations together with us. Join our cross-functional and diverse teams in Germany, Spain, Latvia, and Russia.
Who are we? – We are Ultra Tendency: The international boutique technology company dedicated to Big Data, Streaming, IoT, Microservices, and Cloud Computing. We are based on the principle of creating innovative, highly scalable, and sustainable data-driven solutions based on cutting-edge open-source technologies and the portfolios of Azure, AWS, and GCP. We do not only leverage tech; we build it by contributing source code to more than 15 open-source projects. We operate 8 company branches in 5 countries supporting global corporations of any industry and public institution. Our mission is to enable organizations and institutions to harness the power of their data to drive the digital transformation of products and processes.
Your Role: Senior DevOps Engineer
As our Senior DevOps Engineer you will take ownership to transfer our customers’ requirements into complex but reliable deployments. You are responsible for IT solutions in Cloud (AWS/Azure) or on-premises environments. While using AWS/Azure you will deliver our services directly to our customers and push forward progress. You are responsible for one or more DevOps, making sure they deliver their tasks at hand, lead the project team to growth and exhibit a collaborative attitude to steer our DevOps projects.
- Implement customer requirements in stable and reliable deployments.
- Deploy and extend large-scale clustered systems for our clients.
- Fine-tune and optimize our deployments to process millions of records every day.
- Support our customers and development teams in transitioning capabilities from development and testing to operations/production.
- Design and deploy applications using Linux, AWS/Azure, and Cloudera
- Responsible for implementing customer requirements and translate them into stable and reliable deployments
- Be responsible for automating the Cloud-based infrastructure with regards to TCO
- Ensure cloud security and continuously push for improving our deployment mechanisms
- Optimize monitoring systems and be responsible for the further development of build processes and the automation of deployments
- Be responsible for project and rollout planning
- Development & implementation of IT solutions in Cloud environments, such as AWS, Azure or GCP
- Responsible person when it comes to the performance, availability and security of our software and system landscapes
- Responsible for project budget & burndown
- Actively shape our current DevOps standards & provide support for our software developers
- Work on our open-source projects alongside our large contributor base and community
- Coach and support engineering teams in the implementation of DevOps activities
Educate the team on trends and developments in e.g., containerization, testing or scalability.
Be responsible for planning (of what exactly?), e.g. sprints, roadmaps, budget.
YOU WILL ENJOY THIS ROLE IF YOU HAVE
- At least 3 years’ experience as a DevOps
- Solid experience working with IaaS or PaaS services on Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure or GCP (3+ years)
- Experience with automation/configuration with CI/CD pipelines and the cloud-based tools that support them.
- Hands-on experience in administrating Linux-based systems
- Ansible and Terraform are your daily business.
- Proficiency in at least one scripting language.
- Understanding and establishment of professional software engineering best practices and methodologies
- Experience in one of the following Hadoop distribution: CDH/CDP, HDP, MapR
- Understanding of frameworks and tools such as HDFS, YARN, Spark, or HBase
- Experience in deployment systems and container software (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes)
- Good database management experience using MySQL, MariaDB, or PostgreSQL
- Verbal and written skills in English (a MUST), other (e.g., German, Russian, Spanish) an advantage
- Experience in leading small to big project teams
- Experience in Flink, Kafka, Ozone, Airflow or Kudu
BE ABLE TO
- Show the qualities that enable high performance like being curious about learning and thinking agile
- Act objective oriented – deliver on what brings greatest value to the organization
- Work enterprising – chart a course that understands customer needs and creates competitive advantage
- Empower others– build up the team and uplift growth
- Demonstrate reliability- be disciplined and conscientious in your tasks
YOU CAN LOOK FORWARD TO
- Work in an English-speaking, international, and pluralistic company that feels like one global big family
- Boost your own career together with some of the greatest minds in our industry (Apache Committers, PMC members, MVPs, etc.)
- Create real impact and make a difference while developing unique systems and applications for our numerous renowned customers in Germany and Europe
- Professional development opportunities and an unrivaled lifelong learning philosophy that will max out your potential (guaranteed!)
- Unlimited access to Udemy
- Well-structured personal development path executed by Ultra Tendency Academy
- Open feedback culture that generates distinct value from connecting people through networks rather than through hierarchies
- Contribute your ideas and turn it into value through a high level of personal responsibility
- Great pay and compensations
- Flexible work through home office and flextime
- Employee referral program
- Regular (virtual) teambuilding events
- Ultra Summer: Company-wide workation event in a beautiful location (e.g. Mallorca)
Questions left? Ask our Recruiter Anna Fussa via email@example.com
You can find all job offers on our career site! Our mission: Be the best you can be – Ultra Tendency
data privacy statement: Datenschutzerklärung für Bewerber – Ultra Tendency